[MUD-Dev] Cognitively Interesting Combat

Zach Collins (Siege) zcollins at seidata.com
Wed Sep 8 18:37:03 CEST 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, cruise wrote:

> The main qualities I was aiming for:

> Choice and strategy.  Variation - sometimes complex, sometimes
> quick and simple.  Easy to learn, but hard to game, with no
> guaranteed win.

After looking at this, the only question I have, is how well will
this work in realtime?  In PHP, it's a matter of "respond when the
player acts"; and I already thought it would be a pretty good system
for turn-based games.

I think the next step would be to implement something realtime.  It
wouldn't have to be anything more than a set of rooms with one enemy
each in them.  But I think this concept works quite well as you've
written it so far.

--
Zach Collins