[MUD-Dev] Tuplespaces and MUDs

Ola Fosheim Grøstad olag at ifi.uio.no
Wed Sep 8 04:43:17 CEST 2004

J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> writes:

> Are tuplespaces interesting for game development?

I know next to nothing about tupplespaces, but I think Linda ought
to be interesting, at least for games which are relatively slow
paced and where each calculation is somewhat complex. Not sure what
happens with linda if each calculation is trivial and you get lots
of them.

For heavily spatial RPG style fighting MUDs it seems to fit the
bill?  I doubt that the specialized spatial datastructures can
really reside in the tupplespace, so maybe a hybrid?

> What would be needed to make them more interesting?

A public domain spatial MUD server where the tupple space is hidden?

Yes please!

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/