[MUD-Dev] PvP and teamspeak?

Ghilardi Filippo ghilardi at dsfinance.it
Fri Oct 15 17:20:48 CEST 2004

Mike Rozak wrote:

> Does anyone know how badly this would affect the server's
> bandwidth?  Example: In a VW a player sends one chat message (on
> average) every 30 seconds, and it's heard by 2 other players =>
> total chat messages bandwidth per second = # players * # heard /
> 30 seconds * audio size. I can guestimate the # of players and the
> message size, but I don't have a good feeling for the # of players
> that hear a message and how often each player sends a chat
> message. Does anyone have guestimated stats on this?

My ISP run a free public TS2 server for it's customers. And is also
free for who connect from other ISP provided some limits (like
invitations). So, this server is very very big.

Giving a look I can see that there's need nearly 500Kb/s (Kbytes) of
output bandwidth to accomodate 400-500 clients connected. This means
a mean of about 1k for each client.

If someone want to know more details just ask me. I can eventually
trace a little statistics over time under request.

ciao ciao
Filippo