[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Johan asteroid at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:17:52 CET 2004

Kiztent Hatepriest <kiztent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, I'd question the wisdom in catering to the hardcore
> gamer. I pay the same subscription fees.  I probably consume less
> bandwidth and other resources (server memory and CPU), so why is
> what I want less important?  The logic seems to be that hardcore
> players and their accomplishments serve as advertisers for the
> game (look at Furor, he's so cool, if you work hard you can be
> like him).

Why is it that casual players always see themselves as the victims,
that the developers are making the game for hardcore gamers and
ignore the casual players.

If anything its the other way around. Sloppy high end content, that
often is too hard at first, 4 hour raids just to get killed in 1 min
by the raid mob at the end or a nasty crash bug in the final lair
that makes everyone go link dead *coughAOcough*

People need to stop looking at everyone else saying "I want that
too!!". Enjoy the game, play with good people and have a good time.
Level when you level. If you cant play like that then go power
level.  The only one who is stopping you is you :)