[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Crime and Punishment

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed May 26 10:14:23 CEST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:02:30 -0700
Matt Mihaly <matt at ironrealms.com> wrote:
> J C Lawrence wrote:

>> They don't need to multi-play.  All they need is multiple accounts
>> which they play sequentially.

> Just because you can't stop everyone doesn't mean it's not worth
> stopping some people...

Aye, I was hoping someone would raise that point.  There's a curve
involved and the point of trade-off between the enforcement cost and the
return value isn't always clear.  To continue the homily tradition,
"Pick your enemies carefully" and "Keep your friends close and your
enemies closer."

>> When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

> Saddle my horse and call me the Lone Ranger, baby.

Somehow I'd never imagined myself as Tonto in diapers.

--
J C Lawrence