[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Crime and Punishment

Matt Mihaly matt at ironrealms.com
Tue May 25 18:02:30 CEST 2004

J C Lawrence wrote:

> They don't need to multi-play.  All they need is multiple accounts
> which they play sequentially.

We also ban using one character to help one of your others in any
way at all. Of course, we know people get away with it but the
playerbase is always on the lookout for people multiplaying or
character sharing, as most of them definitely do not support the
practice. When someone's caught, the consequences are usually of the
permanent kind.

Just because you can't stop everyone doesn't mean it's not worth
stopping some people, if you view the elimination of it as desirable
(and in our text muds, we do.) There'd be no point in any law if
that was the case. Shooting a McDonald's employee in the face is
illegal, after all, but it's not like it's not an easy crime to
commit if one were so inclined. It's just that getting caught has
very nasty consequences.

>   When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Saddle my horse and call me the Lone Ranger, baby.

--matt
"And thus they ate horseflesh as if it were venison, and reckoned it
most savory, for hunger served in place of seasoning."