[MUD-Dev] The Economic Model - as a Game

j0hn at mistydale.com j0hn at mistydale.com
Sun May 9 11:21:12 CEST 2004

--<cut>--
Note: This message was written via the list web archives.  There is
no guarantee that the claimed author is actually the author.
--<cut>--
Original message: http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2004Q2/msg00013.php

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 21:22:10 -0700
"Matt Chatterley" <zen31329 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> Why am I burbling this here? Because I respect the opinions of the
> list readers, and I don't know what to do! Is simplicity beauty,
> or, in a game which potentially could have SO MUCH detail, is over
> simplification more of a danger?

> I guess I'm trying to find a big enough net to catch some fun
> somewhere above.

Hi Matt,

First post here, so I'll just go ahead and assume that you'll
respect my opinion as well. :P Overalll, I think the game could work
rather well if implemented correctly, and that means coding out the
smallest details.  In most cases, IME, over-simplification of the
idea generally leads to a great train-wreck of code (e.g. your eyes
are bigger than your stomach).

Just my thoughts,

 John