[MUD-Dev] N00b question

Peter Harkins ph at malaprop.org
Wed Mar 10 12:31:26 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 03:13:00PM -0800, Matthew Turland wrote:

> Does anyone know of any functional MUD server written in PHP that
> is still in active development? I'm having a bit of trouble
> finding one and was actually considering writing one myself as a
> personal project.  I know I'd essentially be reinventing the
> wheel, but I'd like to do it sheerly for learning the ins and outs
> of how one would function.

I wrote what I think is the first complete PHP Mud last fall, and I
posted to mud-dev then about all the PHP muds I had magaged to find.

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2003Q3/msg00382.php

I've had an open call for PHP muds, but have seen little
action. I've heard of a couple more, but not seen any development.

I'd say go for it -- if you look at any of the examples linked in my
difficult.  I had the basic "log in and chat" functionality after
just a few hours of tinkering, and it's genuinely a fun project.

If you (or anyone) hears of or develops a PHP mud, I'd like to hear
about it.