[MUD-Dev] BIZ: MMOs in China

Chris Yeh chris at fidelity-global.com
Thu Jun 17 17:25:33 CEST 2004

My employer is in the wireless games market in China and some
clients have asked about MMOs, which got me thinking...

Have any of you good experiences with distributing games in China?
I'm getting very mixed signals on whether this is a real market
opportunity for US developers, or if the market there is dominated
by the Korean and Chinese developers.  Anybody have experiences they
can talk about?

How about Asian players on your games outside of China?

My gut tells me that that there are probably some niche
opportunities, but that there is so much development going on in
Korea and China that there is already a glut of games in the works.
On the other hand, I have heard expressions of interest from other
game distributors, so I'd like to figure out what's fact or fiction.

--Chris