[MUD-Dev] Instancing

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Thu Jul 29 00:16:05 CEST 2004

Douglas Goodall wrote:
> ceo wrote:

>> You are tricking and co-ercing people into doing what you want
>> them to do, but it's still entirely up to them and they won't
>> (think that they) suffer from not doing it.

> Teaming may be encouraged enough by human nature.

Or, possibly, it was supported and encouraged extremely well, so
that you didn't notice it happneing :). I don't expect this to be
the case with CoH, but it panders to my point: at the limit this is
only truly discernible to people with access to the
behind-the-scenes stats : if an unusually high proportion of players
are playing co-op, in a game with a clearly not-too-niche player
base, then it's probably because the game design encourages it.

Adam M