[MUD-Dev] Re: Online vs Offline (was CoH and others)

Matt Mihaly matt at ironrealms.com
Tue Jul 20 22:03:42 CEST 2004

From: dienw

> And I do agree as piracy is quite severe here in Asia. Developing
> offline games for local market will be painful. Instead, online
> games now is the major attraction for many VC and developers to
> enter the industry with more confidence.  The number is
> spectacular in some Asian country and promising in younger country
> with online games.

Piracy is a huge issue in China for online games as well, incidentally.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4969821/

Excerpt:

  "All my online friends play this way too. We think it's uncool to
  pay," he told Reuters, scrolling down a Web site called
  www.17ez.com that lists scores of illegal servers offering the
  popular game "Mu". - Wang Rui, 28.

What a jerk.

--matt