[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Fri Jul 16 08:05:09 CEST 2004

cruise wrote:

> I have to agree - "shallow" seems to be the major complaint
> against CoH - but it's simplicity is the point - you don't have to
> spend hours camping a mob for that incredibly rare item, or run
> around levelling up all your equipment each time you level. In
> other words, you can just go out and /play the game/, without
> stopping for than a minute.

Unfortunately, after a few weeks of playing, there's nothing worth
stopping for.

I really don't think it is valid to say the CoH "loot" is good
because the EQ "wait in line for 2 RL months on a web mailing list
to fight an epic mob" system is horrible. There is certainly a lot
of room in between those extremes.