[MUD-Dev] Re: Online vs Offline (was CoH and others)

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Thu Jul 15 11:38:58 CEST 2004

From: Mike Rozak [mailto:Mike at mxac.com.au]

> Playing with a bunch of adolescents - Uru Live would have solved
> this if it hadn't gone belly up. Introducing private regions
> solves this too... at which point the MMORPG is really a CRPG that
> requires you to be online to play.

How did it solve this? How do you verify someones age conveniently?
I imagine large numbers of adolescents don't want to play with
adolescents either so what's to stop them saying they are 40.

Is age really even a determining factor or just a convenient but
inaccurate stereotype for a certain type of undesirable player?

Dan