[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

David Kennerly kennerly at finegamedesign.com
Mon Jul 5 01:42:44 CEST 2004

Threshold RPG wrote:

> I'm interested to hear the opinions of the folks here on whether
> or not the recent series of MMORPG cancellations is really
> anything to worry about.

Cancellations happen more frequently in offline games.

> Every time they have come close to producing a legitimate sequel
> to Ultima Online, they have grown impatient and decided to just
> return their efforts to the existing successful game (UO).

If you didn't play the game in question, how can you believe a
cancellation is bad?

Not all that glitters is gold.

We'll never know if UOX was going to be a good OR bad game.  So what
knowledge can a commentor base an argument about an unknown game on?
Certainly not a public relations department!  And yet, is there any
other source?

David