[MUD-Dev] Interpersonal Relations in Virtual Worlds

Fri Jan 30 01:24:55 CET 2004

"Brad King" <wiredbeat2000 at hotmail.com> writes:

> I've been asked to put together a college course that will both
> familiarize students with the history of virtual worlds and
> illustrate how interpersonal relationships change through
> technology. I thought the best way to teach this course is through
> the history of games -- partly because I co-authored a book on
> this subject (www.dungeonsanddreamers.com) and partly because it's
> through games that we connect with other people.

Wouldn't IRC, IM and other chat technologies or chat-worlds be more
obvious than games if your focus is on interpersonal relationships
and technology?

They are more widely studied and easier to compare... I think.

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/