[MUD-Dev] Character Restraint & Capture.

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Fri Feb 27 12:47:29 CET 2004

Jester wrote:

> Well I've rolled all the ideas up so far up into a simple paper on
> the theme. It's too large to burden peoples mailboxes with so I've
> put it up as an ongoing document on my project's website:
> http://www.futuremmorpg.org/capture.asp

> It's going to be at least a year before our game is in a state to
> try this out for real(plenty of time for refinement), so please
> keep the ideas coming, thanks to all those who have contributed to
> this thread it's shaping up into a very viable alternative to the
> more traditional 'artificial' PvP control measures.

One small thing, while reading through the page - you suggest
allowing other players to "bail" jailed players out. Unfortunately,
I can see it being way too easy for characters to be bailed out by
rich alter-chars or guildmates. With all the other safeguards in
place, there's no reason such a quick release is necessary.

And just a thought on bounty levels. Would it be an idea to tie max
bounty values to the level of the killer? As higher-level chars are
more likley to have better equipment or bigger bank accounts to pay
the larger fine. And of course, bigger bounties would be needed to
attract the attention of the higher-level bounty hunters...

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"