[MUD-Dev] Character Restraint & Capture.

rjw rob at wygand.com
Fri Feb 13 17:45:52 CET 2004

Jester wrote:

> Character Restraint & Capture

> I am considering this system for two reasons; As a method of
> bringing PKers to justice via some sort of bounty hunting system.

Jester,

I've been recently mulling over an in-game mechanism by which
griefers can be brought to justice. I had not gone so far as to
consider the actual capture of players, but I was considering
implementation of a bounty.

At the most basic level, player-run cities can establish what
actions are 'against the law' in the lands they control. Then, when
players that are in proximity to any given territory where they have
accrued 'black marks', an NPC inside the city will offer bounty
rewards for the killing of that player. The bounty rewards will be
signifigant enough that parties will want to seek out the
law-breaker and see justice done.

Just something I've been tossing around in the back of my head -- I,
for one, would be most interested in hearing more about what you've
been considering.

rjw