[MUD-Dev] Character Restraint & Capture.

Jester jester at futuremmorpg.org
Fri Feb 13 01:33:59 CET 2004

Character Restraint & Capture

I've been mulling this one over for some time; I am considering
implementing a system whereby a character can be restrained, and/or
captured by other players. I fully understand that unless I get this
100% right it will be universally hated, so I thought I'd get the
views of this list's members.

I am considering this system for two reasons; As a method of
bringing PKers to justice via some sort of bounty hunting system.

And as a strategy mechanism, i.e. The general of an army is captured
by the opposition hours before a big battle.

There would obviously need to be extensive checks & balances as to
how characters could be caught this way and which skills/ classes
would be permitted to do so, but I think that if a sound underlying
system is in place this could make for some very interesting
game-play .

I'll expand upon these ideas if there is an interest in this thread.
Any constructive ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Don MacSween
jester at futuremmorpg.org
http://www.futuremmorpg.org