[MUD-Dev] Time debt

Aaron Switzer aaron at neteffect.ca
Wed Aug 18 16:33:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:12, Stephen McDonald wrote:

> Keeping people playing rather than training offline all the time
> is hardly the only problem I can see with this model.  An even
> bigger problem might be mules.  A player might create a couple
> crafter mules, for instance, who practice their trades 24-7,
> except when they are called in to produce something for the main
> character, or to sell something.  I haven't seen any good solution
> for muling yet.

One solution to mules might be to allow players to only have one
"active" character at a time.  For a character to work off time debt
it must be active.

To expand play opportunities for hard-core players you could open it
to allowing one active character per shard.  So the player could
build multiple characters simultaneously, but those various
characters wouldn't be able to interact.

- Aaron Switzer