[MUD-Dev] Better Combat

Corey Cauble ccauble at pacblue.com
Thu Aug 5 19:31:40 CEST 2004

David Kennerly wrote:

> Thanks for the example.  It's got me curious.  Besides player
> positioning, are these the only tactical decisions?  For example,
> do the skills significantly change the damage efficiency functions
> of aggressive, normal, and defensive?

As the game currently stands, yes. It is very MUDish in it's design.

You actually develop skills in each of these fighting styles. It is
built in a tree like structure.

  Fighting
    Aggressive
    Normal
    Defensive
    Shield Bash
    Unarmed

You also have skills with swords and shields built in this same
way. The skills are developed based on usage, not the typical
experience-leveling-training scenario. It is still early dev so the
verdict is still out.