[MUD-Dev] MMO Simulations (was Re: MMO Communities)

Malcolm W. Tester II malcolm.tester at comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 21:19:14 CEST 2004

Douglas Goodall wrote:

> I suspect the system has a Hidden Flaw. Otherwise someone would
> have used it by now.

Or no one has had their interest peaked enough perhaps.

> Again, this seems like too much work to go through for a system
> that will probably seem random to the players. I'd like a more
> dynamic system, but the games I like are not popular (except for
> AO and CoH, I doubt any of them have more than 5k subscribers), so
> I wouldn't recommend making a game that I like. At least not if
> you want to make a profit.

I've been reading this discussion, and it's highly interesting.  I
believe someone else asked you to post your code, but I'd be more
interested in seeing it in action.  Do you have a demo of some kind
you can show off?  Maybe your alogorithms or something?

-Malc