[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Active and Inactive currency

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Mon Apr 26 11:16:50 CEST 2004

sziisoft wrote:

>> Any way to provide incentives to not hoard cash?

> The more cash you hoard the more "visible" you are to external
> forces (extra-planar creatures, bandit gangs, pirates, the IRS?)

It occurs to me that this is one of the reasons for the Robber's
existence in Settlers of Catan...when he moves, /all/ players with
more than seven cards lose half. That's one hell of a discentive to
hoarding.

Probably such a scheme should be a little gentler, and logarithmic
rather than a n abrupt threshold, but a little bit of "pushing" from
thieves, etc., coupled with the "pull" of various luxury items
mentioned elsewhere ought to keep money moving...

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"