[MUD-Dev] Licensed setting MMOGs

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Fri Apr 9 05:34:51 CEST 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Koster, Raph wrote:
> From: Ian McDonald

>> I'm trying to put together a list of licensed setting MMOGs (as
>> opposed to using a proprietary setting without bothering to get a
>> license). It's !pretty short:

>>   Star Wars: Galaxies
>>   Middle Earth (in dev)
>>   Matrix (in dev)

> Dungeons and Dragons Online (Turbine) Hercules and Xena
> (Simutronics, text-based)

Note: Hercules and Xena is now called "Alliance of Heroes", I
think. It occupies the same place on Simutronics' website but it
shows as only having 17 people online right now, so I'm unsure if
it's the same game or what.

Others:

  Ragnarok Online (Gravity)
  Midkemia Online (Iron Realms, text-based)

Is the Marvel MMORPG still in development?

--matt