[MUD-Dev] size

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Sep 24 09:52:16 CEST 2003

From: Matt Mihaly [mailto:the_logos at ironrealms.com]

> EQ probably does have as many players as all text muds
> combined. But this isn't mud-player. It's mud-dev. It's also not
> EverquestWannabe-dev.  There's a troubling (if understandable) and
> ever-increasing trend on the list to focus on a handful of games
> and worse, a handful of games most of which don't diverge much
> from a single mold.

That's not the fault of the people who've played these games
though. Its with the people who haven't not posting here! Speaking
personally, I just can't get excited by a text mud, but I've played
most every Euro/American graphical MMO out there.

Anyway waiting anxiously for the Iron Realms game so I can use it as
example fodder ;) I'm sure the EQ team are equally as tired of all
the post-match analysis focussing on them!

Dan