[MUD-Dev] ghost mode (was Re: SW:G)

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Mon Sep 15 21:05:36 CEST 2003

In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Wed 10 Sep, Vladimir Cole wrote:
> --- Amanda Walker <amanda at alfar.com> wrote:

> I can say without a doubt that if I were able to ghost in
> Everquest I would have been able to save the guild I lead over
> four months of hard (but fun) work.

Not really. Remember that the opponent has the same ghost abilities
to work for them. Having ghosts to scout for your guild merely adds
another layer of strategy and tactics to your conflicts.  This only
requires that there are enough potential targets and strategies to
make distraction and scouting relevant.  There are many ways how it
could be handled to actually enhance gameplay rather than diminish
it, even for achievement oriented play. Like giving them slow
movement speed or limited sight, or vulnerability to certain
expensive spells/effects to 'banish' a ghost from an area.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey