[MUD-Dev] ghost mode (was Re: SW:G)

David Cooksey dcooksey at pifi.org
Wed Sep 10 14:14:21 CEST 2003

At 10:47 AM 9/10/03 -0400, you wrote:
> Justin Coleman <JMCOLE at MAIN.DJJ.STATE.SC.US> wrote:

>> Grossly unfair to those who do things "right", i.e. in character,
>> seeing and hearing only what their character can see and hear,
>> wouldn't you say?

> Less unfair than web walkthroughs, power-leveling and twinking,
> ebay, or any of the other common ways players acquire in-game
> cookies.

Well, my understanding of "ghost-mode" is that the 'ghost' doesn't
have to be high level.  A group of players could have one of their
members suicide and then scout the way for them with impunity during
their first run through.  That seems a bit too easy to me.  At least
web walkthroughs, power-leveling, twinking, and ebay require someone
who figured it out without help in the first place.

David Cooksey