R: [MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

Ghilardi Filippo ghilardi at dsdata.it
Tue Sep 9 16:01:05 CEST 2003

From: Jessica Mulligan

> Counting the concurrent players can give you an idea of the
> popularity, regardless of the breakdown of home versus PC baang
> seats.

Number of concurrents players are affected by how customer base is
spread among the world. Not to mention considering social status
(and cultural in some manner) of those customers.

Is more popular a game with 15k players peak and a good average
during all day or another with 30k peak but almost none playing
outside canonical hours (19-24 on working days) ?

Probably even counting how many hours get played in a day can't be
used if we consider macroers and unattended players.

ciao
Filippo