[MUD-Dev] Examine/Look

Marc Bowden ryumo at umich.edu
Tue Sep 9 13:47:49 CEST 2003

--On Thursday, August 21, 2003 09:04 -0700 Ammon Lauritzen
<ammon at hedwig.simud.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Elia Morling wrote:

>> Is there a standard for the order of examine/look? For example
>> with syntax: look ring ;look 2.ring ;look 3.ring etc.

>> In some muds the order is: equipment, inventory, room Others I've
>> seen go: room, inventory, equipment

Probably depends on codebase. LPC works outward from this_player(),
so you get the order: my immediate inventory layer, my environment's
immediate inventory layer. Items in containers must be referenced
explicitly, unless some genius rewrote the code to use
deep_inventory() instead of present(). I'd advise against that, due
to the utter confusion this can cause both in players and in
predictive behavior work.

--
Marc Bowden - Soulsinger         Dreamshadow:The Legacy of the Three
  ryumo at umich.edu                                 209.48.36.2 3333