[MUD-Dev] SW:G

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Tue Sep 9 07:30:43 CEST 2003

Amanda Walker writes:

> Luckily, I like to talk, so I set up macros to do the boring part
> and spent 6 weeks of casual but regular gameplay running those and
> otherwise treating the game as a chat room.  Would I have taken a
> less predictable path if it were available?  You bet.
> Unfortunately, this particular reward (in-game performance
> options) are given solely based on odometer reading.  If there's a
> desirable goal with only one path to it, that path is going to
> become very well trodden by people interested in that goal.  On
> the flip side, of course, is that if there are alternate paths,
> the achievers will figure out (and post web walkthroughs of) the
> least-effort path.

So here's a question then: Why are you playing SW:G at all? You can
get a chat room elsewhere, in a myriad of forms, for free. I don't
know what the range of things you're interested in is but all you
mentioned was liking the music stuff. At the same time, you said you
found the music stuff so boring that you triggered it and just
chatted. Why not just go to a free medium like a text mud or even an
IRC channel if you want to chat? There MUST be something about SW:G
that is making you continue to fork over $15/month. Are you just a
huge fan of the Star Wars license or are there other game systems
you didn't mention that you are into?

--matt