[MUD-Dev] [NEWS] The Latest in TV Reality

Dave Rickey dave at mutablerealms.com
Tue Oct 28 08:02:10 CET 2003

From: "Michael Tresca" <talien at toast.net>

> From: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tv26oct26,1,7646809.story

> TV executives noticed that they had a problem as soon as the fall
> season began last month -- long before the baseball playoffs
> heated up. One demographic group, in particular, was noticeably
> smaller: young men. The industry is fretting as 8% of men ages 18
> to 34 have apparently sworn off television this season.

This one is the canary in the coal mine, that demographic (men in
their late 20's) is our *core* demographic, and the numbers we're
starting to post are big enough to make a hit they could see.  The
US market is approaching 2 million, tilted at least 75% toward young
males.

If it's a bad idea to pick a fight with someone who buys their ink
by the gallon, what kind of trouble are you breaking off when you're
in a fight with someone who owns their own satellites?

--Dave