[MUD-Dev] C# as MUD Language, Linux as platform

Pure Krome Pure.Krome at World-Domination.com.au
Thu Oct 2 13:46:41 CEST 2003

<EdNote: L33T-speak fixed.  One time only.  Other non-brunt-changing
edits made.>

Andrew Batyuck wrote:

> Have anyone started writing MUD on C#?

I am, under Windows and MS SQL Server 2K, as the two talk nicely to
each other.  Yes, it's easy in .NET to talk to other DB's, but I
like the GUI to maintain an MS SQL DB, as well as using VS2003 for
the DB and coding.

We can even port our mud interfaces to the PocketPC and smartphones
with .NET assemblies!

> but don't like that .NET runtime is windows-only

Mono:

  http://www.go-mono.com/

good luck!

-Pure Krome-