[MUD-Dev] Effects of skill-imbalances?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Mon Nov 17 18:04:23 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:07:43AM -0500, Jeff Fuller wrote:
> Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

>> I'm skeptical. References, please?

> If you want references to what I'm talking about look to programs
> like Odins Eye & DAoC Unleashed for DAoC, or ShowEQ for
> Everquest. Both give a gifted subset of the playerbase a distinct
> and game changing advantage over the other players. Radar and
> automation that nullify the intended experience.

I was asking for references to support your claim that all of the
players who don't master such tools flee the game. Since `DAoC
unleashed' and `ShowEQ' are your exemplar tools, I take it that you
want to use EQ and DAoC as examples of games that everyone except
the `elite warriors' have fled. Since I've never played either of
those games, someone else will have to tell me wether that'd be a
sane statement.

--
"Computing is based on utility, performance, efficiency, and
cleverness.  Where are beauty, compassion, humanity, morality, the