[MUD-Dev] Web vs. Java client

Adam Burr burra at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:48:03 CET 2003

Jeff Fuller wrote:
> Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
>> I'm skeptical. References, please?

> If you want references to what I'm talking about look to programs
> like Odins Eye & DAoC Unleashed for DAoC, or ShowEQ for
> Everquest. Both give a gifted subset of the playerbase a distinct
> and game changing advantage over the other players. Radar and
> automation that nullify the intended experience.

Though, the fact that you can look for such programs means that the
advantage does not only go to the programmer- in some cases it goes
to any who would care to use them and in others to, once again,
those with the money. UOA, for example, was $15 for a license to use
with UO and gave you access to scores of friendly macros.

Adam Burr
Madman Across the Water - POL