[MUD-Dev] D&D and MMORPGs

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Fri May 23 17:45:52 CEST 2003

Jason Murdick posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 11:46 AM
> Peter Tyson wrote:
>> Michael Tresca wrote:

>>> I guess that means that BioWare's license has run out?  Frankly,
>>> this is too bad.

>> More likely Bioware didn't secure the rights to do a D&D MMORPG
>> and they have been sold on.

> Bioware has a considerable number of projects on their plate
> already...  Knights of the Old Republic, 2 Neverwinter Nights
> expansions, a new company they spawned off called CodeBaby, and
> two console games they have yet to announce much about. Plus, a
> MMORPG requires a signinficant level of monetary and time
> committment both in terms of development and continuity.  Probably
> not something they are ready to commit to yet.

Just trying to staunch the flow here....the above quote was
incorrectly attributed to me.  I agree with you, as indicated in my
other post attempting to correct the attribution.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://michael.tresca.net