[MUD-Dev] Who Killed Miss Norway?

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Thu May 15 22:14:35 CEST 2003

On Sat 10 May, Threshold RPG wrote:
> On 9 May 2003, at 21:25, Geir Ove Alnes wrote:

>> I haven't experienced anything like this myself, but I think that
>> if a friend of mine (real life-friend OR one I only knew through
>> an online game) passed away I would be grateful to the admins of
>> that game for putting up a memorial.

> So hundreds, if not thousands or even hundreds of thousands should
> have their enjoyment of the game (and enjoyment is the intended
> purpose of the game's existence) so you can "feel grateful"?

I am sorry, but I fail to see why anybody's enjoyment of a game
would be diminished by the presence of a monument.

> In my opinion, those who think games should create such memorials
> are being very selfish. They are putting their personal feelings
> ahead of the purpose of the game and the enjoyment of the masses
> who play there.

Why would that be selfish,  and why would such monuments reduce
the enjoyment of 'the masses', if there is such thing in a mud?

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey