[MUD-Dev] Who Killed Miss Norway?

Threshold RPG business at threshold-rpg.com
Thu May 8 01:14:16 CEST 2003

On 5 May 2003, at 21:34, Valerio Santinelli wrote:

> I would like to rise a question on a point worth discussing.
> Would you stop doing in-game memorial because of hoaxes? Or would
> you rather risk of being pointed at as someone who believed a
> false story but give value to the happening, be it true or false?

I think in-game memorials are totally inappropriate for reasons that
include, but exceed, the fact that hoaxes are extremely common.

People go to online games to have fun and be entertained. They go to
let off some steam, escape the stresses and pressures of real life,
etc.

They do not go there to have tragedy and misery thrown back in their
faces.

If they want that, they can turn on the evening news.

They login to PLAY, have FUN, and get away from
unpleasantess. Shoving it right back at them is insulting and
antithetical to the purpose of a game.