[MUD-Dev] Male and female brains

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Wed May 7 11:02:54 CEST 2003

Valerio Santinelli wrote:
> Koster, Raph wrote:

>> There's an article to be found here:

>>  http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/story/0,13026,937913,00.html

> I am not a professional designer but I do it as an hobby and I'm
> B.. let's see the others :)

Ditto.  And according to the questionaire, my EQ=43 and my SQ=35,
which makes me B with a tendency toward S.

I've also never played a female avatar for an extended period of
time. I'm not sure that is really related to my brain type so much
as other factors regarding my play style.  I'm more interested in
immersion than role-play.  I like to feel that I've been transported
to some other place and time but not so much that I've actually
become someone else. Along the same line of thought, I tend very
much toward human avatars. I may try out elves or perhaps even
wookies, but cannot really see myself sticking with a mon cal.

On the other hand, perhaps my play style is a reflection of my brain
type.  It doesn't seem too far-fetched to imagine that the ability
to empathize, the proclivity to put yourself in someone else's
shoes, and the level of comfort you feel presenting as an avatar
very different to yourself might be related.

All the same, however, I don't think my desire to play a male avatar
stems from a reluctance or inability to empathize so much as my
reluctance to be or feel "fake."

--Phin