[MUD-Dev] Scripting languages

Sax sanxion2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 14:52:31 CEST 2003

Monday, June 30, Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:

> One of the best resources on how to build an object and scripting
> system is the Inform manual
> <http://www.inform-fiction.org/manual/>.  While it's for a
> single-user text adventure system, and Inform's a strange little
> language with scary syntax, the design philosophy is brilliant,
> and it shows exactly where you'll need those callbacks.

Wow, that was very useful. While I do agree that the syntax was
strange here and there it was _very_ readable and probably easy to
learn. I guess defining objects and how to react to events in the
core of what I would need. With that in mind are there any similar
scripting languages for java? I found many languages to be kinda
bulky and require much pre-hand programming knowledge...

Sax