[MUD-Dev] Functors / Loki (was: New Here)

Eli Stevens listsub at wickedgrey.com
Thu Jun 26 22:03:52 CEST 2003

MIKE MacMartin wrote:

> Also, I'm expecting people to be designing game systems over top
> of my library.  So, I've gone and made a superclass "Functor" for
> the object, which just currently makes sure they implement an
> operator().

Are you aware of the Loki library?  There is a functor
implementation there that seems pretty well thought out.  It looks
like the semantics of it are slightly different from what you have,
but it still might be worth taking a look at.  Last I checked (about
a year ago?), the author was trying to get it into the Boost
library, and had semi-active discussion on comp.lang.c++.moderated
(I think that's the one, anyway).  Hmm, looks to be on SF now:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/loki-lib/

Also check out the book Modern C++ Design (the library and the book
are somewhat tied together) - it's a good read.  :)

Enjoy,
Eli