[MUD-Dev] When will new MMORPGs that are coming out get original with gameplay?

Daniel Anderson melinko at insight.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 23:19:57 CEST 2003

>From Dan:

>> When do you think we'll start to see the majority of MMORPGs more
>> original?

>About the same time most films from Hollywood are (hell freezes
>over).

Well, MMORPGs are still young when juxtaposed with Hollywood.  When
Hollywood first came about, it too was original.  Hollywood didn't seem
to spin into an unoriginal abyss until well after the same length of
time MMORPGs have been around.  MMORPGs, unfortunately, are already
being sucked into the "unoriginal abyss" after a much shorter time
period.