[MUD-Dev] Material state transformations

Yuri Bazhukov ybazhukov at ktl.ru
Wed Jul 2 10:19:45 CEST 2003

Hello!

I am very interested, in material transformations from solid to
liquid, from liquid to gaseous form. I think it will be very good to
implement it, because it adds some variety to game. I found some
difficulties in implementing it, and want to ask community about
ways to implement it.  The main problem is determine characteristics
of transformed object.

For example, water. In normal form it's liquid, but can be
transformed to solid form within negative
temperature. Characteristics of object also should be changed.  But
another material changes another characteristics in another way.

Is anybody have ideas how to solve these problems, or already
implemented this in their own MUDs?