[MUD-Dev] Display Cheats [Was Re: MMO Launch issues...]

Phillip Lenhardt philen at monkey.org
Tue Jul 1 14:25:25 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003, Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:

> Only problem I have with planetside is people cheat, by
> manipulating graphics card settings, to reveal stealthed players.

An ancient problem.  People do this for console games too, fiddling
with the contrast and brightness.  Metroid Prime for the Gamecube
makes it harder to do so by having an infrared and ultraviolet visor
mode that you need fairly often.  In infra, everything is dark and
low-contrast and in ultra, everything is bright and low-contrast.
So you either play the game as intended or you spend all your time
fiddling with your tv controls instead of playing.