[MUD-Dev] The Price of Being Male

Tom tom at interspaces.com
Tue Jul 1 10:52:42 CEST 2003

From: Sasha Hart
> [Marian Griffith]

>> The various alternative explanations of course should be examined
>> to see if, and by how much, they contribute to the price
>> difference but the opportunity to study valuation of male and
>> female labour in a situation that is free of factual differences
>> in ability is quite important.

Although I don't know this game in depth and many of the issues, I
would suggest not forgetting the fact that the answers could be
simple and not involving complexities of psychological, social or
even gender issues.  Certainly sexual discrimination is very
unlikely to be a factor, it's a game, not a reflection of a flawed
society.

It could be just supply and demand, more male players, more demand for
male-centric purchases. Sometimes good ol' horse sense is the best
sense.

T.M.