[MUD-Dev] RE: Demodom (was Brand Loyalty (was...))

Damion Schubert damion at zenofdesign.com
Thu Jan 30 21:59:07 CET 2003

From: Ted L. Chen

> It might not be a video, but I recall that The Sims (single player
> version) had a nifty camera feature that a good number of people
> seemed to use to upload their 'family' photo albums to the Sims
> Exchange.  I don't have access to TSO but I'm interested in
> whether or not a similar feature has made it to the MMOG side of
> things.

The game I was working on previous to my current stint was
Hollyworld.  It was entirely devoted to players making movies in the
in-game engine, and sharing them online (i.e. a chat room wrapped
around a machinima creation/delivery device).  Having to deal and
sort through all of that creativity was, by far, the most daunting
part of the whole thing.

--d