[MUD-Dev] Programming Languages and I/O Algorithms

Ben Chambers bjchamb at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 24 18:13:27 CET 2003

Which language is prefferred for mud design?  C/C++ provides speed
but Java adds a lot of flexibility.  Furthermore how do most muds
handle incoming commands in order to minimize lag?  I was thinking
some sort of queue sorted by criticality of the type of event, but
then you have to pre-process all the events and sort the queue which
then creates lag in the process.  What are some common solutions?