[MUD-Dev] Questions for User Surveys

shren shren at io.com
Wed Jan 22 13:10:22 CET 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Marc Fielding wrote:
> Nick Yee wrote:

>> As a developer, what are some issues or aspects of player
>> behavior/motivation/demographics that you would really like to
>> get user data on?

> Here's a question I'd like to see answered:

> In games that allow multiple characters per server, what do you
> use the extra character slots for? (Select all that apply.)

>   A) Experimenting with different race/class combinations.

>   B) Exploring distant parts of the world.

>   C) Creating characters with classes/skills that can aid my main
>   character.

>   D) Storing items for other characters.

>   E) Nothing. I do not use the extra slots.

Mostly C - In UO I had a pair of mules.  However, you forgot one.

  F) Playing 'undercover'.  During my most intense UO playing
  period, my main character was a member of an anti-pk guild, the
  SBR.  He was kill on sight to nearly ever major PK guild on Lake
  Superior.  Some days I enjoyed the infamy and the 'hunted man'
  status, but other days I just didn't want to deal with it.  I had
  a character who was built very similarly for the days when I
  didn't want to cope with stuff like that.