[MUD-Dev] RE: [MUD-De] Questions for User Surveys

Jian Zhang - SISA jzhang at sisa.samsung.com
Mon Jan 20 17:49:38 CET 2003

From: Nick Yee [mailto:contact at nickyee.com]

> As a developer, what are some issues or aspects of player
> behavior/motivation/demographics that you would really like to get
> user data on?

Nick,

My name is Jian Zhang. I am a part of Samsung technology assessment
and planning group.

Have you come across economic and charging issues for MMOG in your
surveys?  Today, most of commerce and fee based transactions among
players take place outside of the game in such marketplaces as
eBay. Such transactions are not only inconvenience for the players
and in many cases illegal but also unsecured and opportunity loss to
the game developers. Would it make sense to develop technology to
support in-game commerce?  - Jian

Jian Zhang
Corporate Technology Operations
Samsung Electronics