Marc Fielding fielding at computer.org
Mon Jan 20 00:46:08 CET 2003

[ Paul Schwanz ]
> Marc Fielding wrote:

>> For me (and I suspect many others) MCS isn't about powerlevelling
>> multiple characters. It's about creating a character to explore
>> exotic content not available to my main (e.g. racial content,
>> class content, remote GM events, etc.).

> Does this mean you would be happy with an SCS system where your
> character had no, or at the least very few restrictions as to what
> content was available?  If that is your real concern, why not
> address that issue directly instead of pushing for MCS?

Realistically, character-level content access *needs* to be
restricted.  The game becomes much more trivial without it. MCS
allows certain explorative activities without requiring major
(likely artificial) changes to the world's design.

Appropriately enough, MCS is an out-of-character solution for an
out-of-character desire.

-Marc