Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Wed Jan 15 12:01:34 CET 2003

From: "Dave Rickey" <daver at mythicentertainment.com>

> To undercut my own arguments elsewhere, I need to point out that
> even though players in Camelot *can* have a minimum of 8
> characters per server and 224 game-wide, the vast majority spend
> 75%+ of their time on a single character.  I don't have exact
> figures at my fingertips, but in excess of 80% of accounts fit
> that profile.  In practice, multiple characters per server is
> something most players do not make much use of.

That's odd.

My in-game play experience would have led me to believe just the
opposite, since practically everybody I played with (in a fairly
large group of people) had numerous alts.

Of course, I suppose its possible that 75% or more of the playtime
was still concentrated on the main character, which really shouldn't
be surprising.