Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Jan 13 16:46:22 CET 2003

From: "Dave Rickey" <daver at mythicentertainment.com>

> You've convinced me, DAoC, EQ, Asheron's Call, UO, AO, they all
> can't exist.  The 1.6 million character records my analysis
> programs move around twice a week are figments of my imagination.

Dave, all I said was that you can only have X number of characters
on a server. That doesn't mean MCS doesn't work, it just means MCS
needs either more or bigger servers to handle the same number of
players. And no matter how much time you waste arguing about it, you
*know* that I'm right about this.

> Failure to scale is a design flaw, not a choice.

Failure to scale to *infinity*, on the other hand, is a law of
physics.